Certifications in IT Industry are very much important to get your career on the top and grow. There are many Computer certifications but computer security certification is a new trend in the certification industry and has gained much importance lately especially after the 9/11 bombing. Security certifications have a unique distinction; it is a certification that anyone can benefit from. Programmers, site administrators, network analysts, network engineers, PC technicians and even help desk technicians.
Career in IT Industry and Becoming a computer security professional would help in adding on to your existing list of certifications and in defying hackers.
A list of certifications for security on computer systems and networks is given below
- CCSA – Check Point Certified Security Administrator cost around $150 for a single exam
- CCSE – Check Point Certified Security Engineer also cost around $150 for a single exam
- CCSP – Cisco Certified Security Professional cost around $125 for each exam. You require clearing five exams and the pre-requisite is CCNA
- Cisco Firewall Specialist cost around $ 125 per exam. You require clearing two exams and the pre- requisite is CCNA
- Cisco IDS Specialist cost around $125 for each exam. You require to clear two exams and the pre-requisite is CCNA
- Cisco VPN Specialist cost around $125 for each exam. You require to clear two exams and the pre-requisite is CCNA
- CISSP – Certified Information System Security Professional cost around $450 for a single exam of 250 questions to be completed in six hours.
- CIW – Security Professional from Prosoft costs around $500 and requires you to clear four exams
- GSE – GIAC Security Engineer from SAN’s requires you to clear seven exams at the cost of $ 250 per exam which is a total cost of $1750.